Return to previous post.
Homemade Scone Mix
Write a review
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered milk
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup shortening
Optional ingredients (you can mix and match) – 1 1/2 cups
- Dried cranberries
- Nuts: walnuts, pecans, almonds…
- Dried apricots
- Dried apples
- Dried strawberries
- Dried cherries
- In a large bowl, put the flour, powdered milk, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add the shortening. Work it in
- with the tip of your fingers – or a pastry blender – until the shortening is totally mixed into the flour.
- Add your “mix ins.”
- Pour 3 cups of the mix in a baggy – or containers of your choice.
- This will make about 3 batches. Each batch should make 10 to 12 scones.
To make the scones, you will need
- 3 cups of the mix
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract – almond, lemon, or orange
- Instead of the extract – 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup water
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Drop by the spoonful onto a greased – or parchment lined – cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 14 to 20 minutes – depending on the size of the scones you make or until lightly golden.
- Below is an example of chocolate and banana chip scones.
Fun Tea Party Ideas http://www.funteapartyideas.com/