This is a very chocolaty and gooey chocolate pudding cake recipe.
You will find that this chocolate cake is reminiscent of a very gooey brownie recipe…and just as good. in my opinion.
You will also be happy to know that – aside from being delicious – this chocolate pudding cake is fast, easy and cheap to make.
- Fast: You can make this pudding cake in well under 45 minutes.
- Easy: You will easily find all the ingredients in your pantry or at your local supermarket.
- Cheap: It is also quite inexpensive to make and will not break your budget. There are no pricey ingredients.
Note: Doubling the cake recipe BUT leaving the syrup the same has also worked well for me. This is the way I make it for my family.
I did it that way the first time because my pan was too small to handle double the cake batter and the syrup!
The pudding cake is not as gooey and there will be less “juice.” It comes very brownie-like but it is still very delicious – especially served with vanilla ice cream!
Chocolate Pudding Cake Recipe: Ingredients
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk – I use whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup butter
- Optional: 1/2 cup of nuts
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
Method for Chocolate Pudding Cake Recipe
Combine together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, milk and vanilla extract together.The batter will be thick.
Add the nuts if you choose.
Heat the oven to 375 degrees. At this point, I use a cast iron pan – a Dutch oven or another pan than is oven proof should work as well.
Place the butter in the pan. Place the pan in the oven until the butter is melted.
In the meantime, in a saucepan, bring the water and the sugar to a boil.
When the butter is melted, place the batter in the pan and smooth it out with a spatula. Dump the sugar water on top and place in the oven. Be careful not to slosh hot sugar water on yourself!
Bake 25 to 30 minutes.
Let cool 5 to 10 minutes before eating.
Recipe of the Day: